Tuesday, January 18, 2011

PAII Innkeeping Conference

PAII hosted their annual Innkeeping Conference in Charleston, South Carolina, last week.  As new innkeepers, we were excited to attend.  We spent 3 days networking with other innkeepers, vendors and industry professionals.  Debbie and I attended the trade show and did a little shopping!  It was a learning experience for me and I plan to implement some of the great ideas that were shared.  Not only was the conference a success, we were able to enjoy the beautiful city of Charleston.  Charleston is known for its spectacular restaurants.  The Oak is one of our favorite restaurants and it wouldn't be a Charleston vacation without stopping by!   Debbie swears by the Oysters Rockefeller but I'm partial to the Scallops.  On Tuesday evening, I had the pleasure of joining a few other innkeepers for dinner at Anson Restaurant.  I would have given my first born or more realistically my movie collection (which I adore!) for the Key Lime Pie they served!  I debated getting a second helping to take home, but knowing that I would probably eat it in bed later that evening I stopped myself.  All in all, it was a great week and you will more than likely see its influence on your next trip to Stevenson Ridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment